Sudocrem Baby Healing Cream 400g
Sudocrem Baby Healing Cream has been parent’s simple, effective ally for 90 years and is great for soothing and treating nappy rash symptoms.
- Suitable for: Nappy Rash, Acne, Eczema, Cuts and Grazes, Sunburn, Minor Burns and Chilblains
- Soothes sore skin and protects against irritants
- A water-repellent base forms a protective barrier, helping to stop any irritants from coming into contact with the skin
- Contains a mild local anesthetic to help ease pain and irritation
- Gentle enough to use from birth
- Clinically proven to soothe and heal your baby’s delicate skin
- Rapidly reduces the redness, swelling, heat and pain of nappy rash within 24 hours
- 99.3% of users see nappy rash improved*
- Nappy rash treatment with built-in pain reliever
- Not tested on animals
The Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream formula has remained unchanged since 1931. A unique blend of ingredients gives Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream its soothing and healing properties. The key ingredients in Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream are:
Zinc Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Lanolin, Purified Water, Liquid Paraffin, Paraffin Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Sorbitan Sesquiolate, Propylene Glycol, Antioxidants, Sodium Benzoate, Linalyl Acetate, Lavender Oil.
- Zinc oxide, which helps to reduce the loss of fluid from the skin
- Anhydrous hypoallergenic lanolin, an emollient which soothes and softens skin
- Benzyl alcohol, which has local anaesthetic and antiseptic properties that help to reduce discomfort
What is Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream used for?
Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream is a licensed medicine that can be used to treat existing nappy rash. If your baby develops the symptoms of nappy rash then apply Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream to the affected area at every nappy change to soothe and heal your baby’s skin. Its ingredients are recognised for their healing properties; an emollient soothes sore or inflamed skin, and a mild local anaesthetic helps to ease pain and irritation.
To understand more about nappy rash how to prevent it, when and why it happens and whether your baby has it visit the Nappy Rash Hub.
Sudocrem can also be used to treat a number of other skin conditions, including:
- Minor burns
- Bed sores
Using Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream for nappy rash
To help treat nappy rash with Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream:
- Ensure your baby’s bottom is clean and dry.
- With clean and dry hands, place a small amount of Sudocrem on the tip of your finger. Remember, a little goes a long way.
- Gently massage the cream into the skin using light, circular movements. Try to avoid rubbing, especially if the skin looks sore.
- Try to create a thin, translucent film on the skin. If white cream is still visible then you may have used too much (don’t worry, your baby will be fine, just remember to use a little less next time).
Repeat these steps until the rash has cleared. Then apply Sudocrem Care & Protect at every change to help prevent nappy rash.
How Sudocrem works on acne
Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream is licensed for use on acne. Acne is a bacterial infection and, as Sudocrem has antiseptic qualities, it fights the acne-causing bacteria. It also helps to soothe and heal while protecting the affected area from further infection.
How Sudocrem works on eczema
Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream is licensed for use on eczema. It can be used to calm, soothe and heal eczema and other skin conditions. The unique formula works like this:
- Anhydrous hypoallergenic lanolin is an emollient, soothing and softening skin, while zinc oxide helps to reduce the loss of fluid from the skin.
- Benzyl alcohol has local anaesthetic and antiseptic properties, helping to reduce discomfort.
- A water-repellent excipient base, including paraffin and other waxes, creating a protective seal.
How Sudocrem works on cuts and grazes
Sudocrem can help soothe minor cuts and grazes thanks to:
- Anhydrous hypoallergenic lanolin, which soothes and softens the skin and zinc oxide, which helps reduce the loss of fluid from the skin.
- Benzyl alcohol, which is an antiseptic and anesthetic and reduces discomfort.
- A wax based excipient base, including paraffin, which creates a seal to protect the graze or cut.
Using Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream for acne, eczema, sunburn, chilblains or minor cuts and grazes
- Ensuring your hands are clean and dry, place a small amount of Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream on the tip of your finger
- Gently massage the cream into the affected area using light, circular movements
- Try to create a thin, translucent film on the skin. If the white cream is still visible then you may have used too much (this is ok, just remember to use a little less next time)
Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.