Omron TH839S Ear Thermometer
Omron TH839S Ear Thermometer is compact, elegant and versatile. Gentle temperature measurement for infants and young children. This thermometer requires disposable probe covers to be placed on the measurement probe for prevention of cross infection.
The Omron Ear thermometer provides quick 1 second readings, with professional accuracy. Gentle temperature measurement for both adults & infants/young children.
If you want a quick, comfortable, accurate, non-invasive way to take your and your family’s temperature, look no further than the Omron Ear Thermometer TH839S. With its one-second reading, fever alert sound, comfortable temperature-taking, accurate measurement technology, ergonomic design for easy handling, this may be the thermometer you have been looking for.
Note: For hygienic and accuracy reasons it is strongly recommended not to use probe covers more than once.
- Displays measurements in degrees Centigrade or Fahrenheit.
- Selectable °C /°F mode
- 9 Sets of memory
- Fever Alarm with Beeper (for body temperature 37.5 °C (99.5 °F) )
- 1 second quick measurement
- Powered by 1 x CR2032 battery
- Pack of 21 TH839S probe covers with device
- Connection ring and operating instructions included
- Ergonomic design for easy handling
- Suitable for Use with All Ages
Please read the full Instructions for Use provided with the product prior to using.
- Allow thermometer to rest for at least 30 minutes at room temperature (10°C - 40°C)
- Test your temperature when you are well so you have a comparison when you are unwell
- Do not bathe, use a cold compress or exercise 30 minutes prior to the reading
- Remain in a stable environment for at least 5 minutes
- Make sure your ear canal is clean. Do not use when ear canal is wet
- Do not test the ear that you have been laying on
- Make sure you always use a clean probe cover with each use. Do not use without a probe cover
- When taking the measurement, gently pull your ear back to straighten the ear canal and snugly position the probe into the ear canal
- When measuring the temperature of an infant, note that infant body temperature is generally higher than adult body temperature and easily affected by external factors. For example, body temperature tends to increase after nursing or crying. Therefore, it is recommended to take measurements when the infant is calm
- Keep still during the measurement
- Take three measurements in the same ear, if they are different, select the highest temperature
- The reading will be stored automatically in the memory
- Holding the thermometer too long may cause a higher ambient temperature reading of the probe.
- This could make the body temperature measurement lower than usual
- Forehead and ear thermometer readings can be different due to one being an external reading and the other an internal reading
- Do not store the thermometer in a cold room
- Weight is 69 grams
- Dimensions are 39mm x 151mm x 54mm
- Uses common CR2032 Lithium Button Battery
- Comes with instruction manual
- Connecting ring
- 21 pcs. probe covers
- Storage Instructions -20°C to 50°C , RH up to 85%
Please read all Safety Warnings provided with the product prior to using.
- Warning - Keep Batteries Out Reach of Children
- Swallowing may lead to serious injury or death, due to chemical burns and potential perforation of the esophagus
- Examine devices and make sure the battery compartment is correctly secured. Do not use if compartment is not secure
- Dispose of used button batteries immediately and safely. Flat batteries can still be dangerous
- Tell others about the risk associated with button batteries and how to keep their children safe
- A high or prolonged fever requires medical attention, especially for young children. Please contact your doctor
- Conducting self-diagnosis based on the measurement results and/or treatment can be dangerous. Please follow the instructions of your doctor. Self-diagnosis may worsen the symptoms
- Do not forcibly insert the probe in the ear
- If you feel discomfort such as a pain during the measurement, stop using the unit immediately. It may injure the external auditory canal
- Do not use this unit if suffering from ear disease such as otitis externa or otitis media. It may worsen the condition
- Do not use this unit when the external auditory canal is wet such as after swimming or taking a bath. It may injure the external auditory canal
- Do not use this unit without attaching a new, clean probe cover
- Do not use this unit other than for measuring the temperature in the human ear
- Keep out of reach of children. Contains small parts that may cause a choking hazard if swallowed
- Do not allow children to take their temperatures unattended. Children may injure themselves when attempting to take temperatures without supervision
- Do not use a mobile phone or other devices that emit electromagnetic fields, near the unit. This may result in incorrect operation of the unit