Elastoplast Sport Youth Mouthguard Assorted Carton 6
Elastoplast Sport Youth Mouthguard are used to prevent concussion and injuries to the mouth and jaw when participating in contact sport such as boxing, football, MMA (mixed martial arts) or basketball. Encourage wear during sport time by choosing your child’s favourite colour.
The Elastoplast Youth Mouthguard is a ‘boil and bite’ product. It uses thermoplastic (BPA and latex free) that moulds to the shape of your child’s teeth and jaw. A snug, custom fit is important to provide maximum protection against dental damage.
- Protects kids’ mouths, teeth and jaw
- Mouldable for custom fit
- Suitable for ages 11 to 15
- BPA & Latex Fre
Other Elastoplast Sport Mouthguards:
- Adult Mouthguard
- "Jaws" Adult Mouthguard
- "Jaws" Youth Mouthguard
- Junior Mouthguard
Step 1 - Place Elastoplast Sport Mouthguard over upper teeth to test for correct size
Step 2 - If too long, trim back until comfortable size is achieved.
Step 3 - Practice pressing Mouthguard firmly to roof of mouth with tongue whilst biting on Mouthguard.
Step 4 - Place the guard in near-boiling water for 10 seconds. Remove with large spoon and shake off water.
Step 5 - Insert Mouthguard immediately in position and bite firmly but gently, to obtain even bite. ( The guard whilst feeling warm, will not burn the mouth).
Step 6 - Whilst in this position, suck the Guard into place by exerting pressure with tongue against the roof of the mouth.
Step 7 - Mould mouthguard around the side of teeth with forefinger to ensure tonight custom fit.
Step 8 - Finally cool by immersing in cold water.
Step 9 - When correctly fitted, your Elastoplast Sports Mouthguard will provide you with a personal fitting designed for your protection.
It is recommended that after each use the Elastoplast Sports Mouthguard be washed in a mild antiseptic, then rinsed in clean water under a tap and dry thoroughly before replacing in your personal mouthguard container.
Wear during activities that lead to discomfort. Seek medical advice if in doubt about the injury. Only use on clean, intact skin. The product should be applied as illustrated. Ensure product is not uncomfortably tight and blood flow is not restricted. Avoid wearing for prolonged periods e.g. whilst sleeping. Do not use if you have a known allergy to any of the specified materials. Consult a physician and stop use if a rash develops, pain is prolonged or if conditions worsen.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How to fit a youth mouth guard?
Fitting a youth mouthguard is the same as fitting an adult mouthguard. It’s recommended to help your child fit their mouthguard, as the process involves boiling water.
1. Have your child practice pressing the mouthguard firmly to the roof of their mouth with their tongue, suck back a bit, and bite down with their teeth. Bite firm, but not too hard. They’ll be doing this for real in a minute.
2. Get out two bowls. Fill one with boiling water and the other with cold water. Make sure there will be enough room to fully submerge the mouthguard.
3. While the boiling water is still very hot, use a fork to place the mouthguard under the hot water so it is fully submerged.
4. Let the mouthguard soak in the boiling water for 20-30 seconds.
5. Once soft, use your fork to lift the mouthguard out of the bowl of boiling water and put it straight into bowl of cold water.
6. Let the mouthguard sit in the cold water for 3-5 seconds. This is just to make the mouthguard cool enough to put in your child’s mouth, but still warm enough to be mouldable.
7. Tell your child to bite down on the mouthguard using the technique you they practiced in step 1. Hold for one minute. Remember to bite firm, but not too hard.
8. If the mouthguard still feels loose, you’ll need to remould it starting from step 3.
9. Once you have the right fit, remove the mouthguard and put it back into the bowl of cold water to set.