Elastoplast Extra Tough Waterproof 80cm x 6cm
Elastoplast Extra Tough Waterproof Plaster - provides durable protection.
Elastoplast Extra Tough Waterproof super strong adhesion. Provides flexible & durable. Protects against dirt & bacteria. Cleanse, protect, heal for optimal wound healing. Extra tough and waterproof wound plasters to cover and protect minor wounds.
- Waterproof and robust fabric
- Extra flexible and breathable
- Super strong adhesion
- Fast drying touch fabric.
- Hi Dry Tex - Technology for durable protection in demanding situations.
- Breathable membrane and keeps wound dry.
- Extra strong adhesion
- Without leaving residues.
- Large cushioning and absorbent wound pad.
- Experts recommend.
The innovative Hi-DRY TEX technology guarantees durable protection in demanding situations such as outdoor activities, house work, gardening or DIY-projects (read more about it here).
Elastoplast plasters block 99% of dirt and bacteria.
- The durable and flexible fabric dries quickly and doesn't get soggy.
- The waterproof and breathable plaster membrane keeps the wound dry and protected from dirt and bacteria.
- The super strong adhesion sticks reliably without leaving any residues.
These plasters are available as 16 strips.
Hi-DRY TEX Technology
Elastoplast developed this three-layer technology for improved wound protection. Hi-DRY TEX technology makes the plaster waterproof, breathable and ensures strong adhesion, due to its integrated coverage of flexible fabric and a waterproof, yet breathable membrane. The flexible fabric ensures not only utmost comfort for you, but also protection from moisture and water for your wound.
Cleansing the wound from dirt and bacteria is an essential first step to enable optimal healing. To prevent wound infections, spray the Elastoplast Wound Spray from a distance of approximately 10cm onto the entire wound area. Repeat if necessary, then gently dry the wound and surrounding skin area.
Important: A minor wound will soon stop bleeding. If it continues, apply more gauze pads, keep pressure on the wound and seek medical advice.
Next, it’s important to protect the wound from external influences like dirt and bacteria to enable undisturbed healing. Cover your wound with the Elastoplast sterile wound dressing that best suits your needs. Observe your wound and change the plaster or dressing regularly unless you’ve been recommended to do otherwise by your doctor. You might find this wound dressing know-how article useful.
Help your wound heal safely, quickly and with a lower risk of scarring. Apply Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment regularly until your wound has healed completely. Carefully apply a thin film one to two times per day. Make sure the opening of the tube does not get in contact with your wound. Repeat regularly until the healing is completed. The Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment can be used on open minor superficial wounds and at any stage of the healing process. If necessary, cover the wound with a plaster, dressing or compress.
Always read the label. Follow directions for use. If symptoms persist talk to your healthcare professional. This medicine may not be right for you. Read the warnings before purchase. The pharmacist reserves the right to not supply contrary to our professional and ethical obligation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How often should I change my plaster?
Usually, it is recommended to change standard first aid dressings daily due to hygienic reasons. Some advanced plasters such as the Fast Healing Plaster that provide moist wound healing conditions are recommended to be left in place for up to two days or more in order not to interrupt the healing process.
2. Is it better to let small wounds dry in the fresh air instead of putting on a plaster?
It is one of the wound care myths that keeping minor cuts and grazes uncovered and let air to them helps them to heal faster, however the contrary is true! Research shows that covered wounds heal more efficiently and have a reduced risk of infection. Elastoplast products provide protection until the wound is completely healed.
3. When should I consult a doctor?
We recommend contacting a medical professional under the following circumstances:
- If the wound is deep and causing major bleeding.
- If the wound shows signs of infection such as redness, warmth, pain and swelling.
- If there are embedded foreign objects in it.
- In case of animal or human bites.
- If the wound is in the area of the face.
- If there is insufficient tetanus vaccination and of course always when you have questions or are uncertain.
4. What if my wound gets infected and suppurates?
You should contact a medical professional if you recognise signs of infection. This is not only the occurrence of pus but also swelling, redness, heat, pain, itching or burning. In case of infection the wound will need medical care and special medical treatment.
5. Does Extra Tough Waterproof stick to the wound?
No, it doesn’t. The Hi-DRY TEX technology and the extra strong adhesive ensure that the plaster sticks reliably to the area surrounding the wound while the extra cushioning wound pad is proven not to adhere to the wound. Thus, the plaster can be removed without pain and mechanical trauma and without leaving residues.
6. How can a textile plaster be waterproof?
- Thanks to Hi-DRY TEX, which stands for a new innovative 3 layer-plaster-technology.
- The main top layer is made of an extra resistant and flexible fabric, which is water-repellent and dries very quickly
- The middle layer of the plaster is a waterproof yet breathable membrane that keeps the wound dry
- Optimal protection is ensured due to the extra strong adhesive
- This combination protects the wound reliably from external influences such as water, germs and dirt even under the most difficult circumstances.
7. What is so special about the Hi-DRY TEX technology?
Hi-DRY TEX technology stands for a new innovative plaster technology. The only extra resistant, breathable and waterproof fabric plaster that gives the wound maximum protection even under the most difficult circumstances. The 3 layer protective plaster combines a tough, flexible fabric that dries quickly with a waterproof yet breathable membrane that keeps the wound dry. The extra strong adhesive ensures optimal protection and can be removed without leaving residues.
8. What kind of wounds can be treated with this plaster?
When you are doing hard work with your hands either during your job or free time, wounds can happen. In case of an injury special protection is needed to ensure safe, reliable and waterproof protection. The 3 layered protective plaster combines a tough, water-repellent, flexible fabric with a waterproof yet breathable membrane that keeps the wound dry. The extra strong adhesive ensures optimal protection.
Extra Tough Waterproof protects the wound in all stages of wound healing and prevents the exposure to external influences such as water, dirt and germs. Especially in demanding situations the wound should be covered until completely healed. It is recommended to change Extra Tough Waterproof daily due to hygienic reasons.
9. Will the extra strong adhesion be harmful to my skin?
Due to the superior material and product quality the product is pleasant and convenient to wear and allows optimal adaptation to the skin. The extra strong adhesive ensures safe protection of the wound but at the same time is skin friendly and can be removed without residues.