Chemists Own Amer-Fine Anti-Fungal Nail Treatment Kit 5ml
Chemists Own Amer-Fine Anti-Fungal Nail Treatment Kit contains the active ingredient amorolfine. It is used to treat fungal infections of the nails.
Amorolfine belongs to a group of medicines called anti-fungal drugs. These medicines work by killing a wide variety of fungi that can cause nail infections.
This medicine is available from a pharmacy. A doctor’s prescription is not required.
Amer-Fine treatment alone is not suitable for use in severe infections where the lunula (crescent-shaped area at the base of the nail) is affected. In this case you should talk to your doctor, pharmacist or podiatrist.
Because fungal nail infections are hard to treat, treatment may be required for 6-12 months or longer and a full cure cannot be expected in all cases. After 6 months of treatment, improvement can be expected in 70% to 80% of people, with full cure expected in approximately one in three people.
Follow these instructions each time the lacquer is used
Apply only to finger nails and toe nails, avoid the surrounding skin.
- Place everything you need for the treatment within easy reach:
– Chemists Own Amer-Fine nail lacquer
– nail file
– cleaning pad
– reusable spatula
First application of Chemists Own Amer-Fine nail lacquer:
- Before painting with Chemists Own Amer-Fine nail lacquer, file down the infected areas of the nails (particularly the nail surfaces) as thoroughly as possible using the nail file.
CAUTION:Nail files used on an infected nail must not be used on healthy nails.
- Clean the surfaces of all infected nails with a cleaning pad.
- Dip one of the reusable spatulas into the lacquer. Do not wipe it on the neck of the bottle. Note: the spatula provides a measured dose of Chemists Own Amer-Fine.
- Using the spatula, paint Chemists Own Amer-Fine nail lacquer over the entire surface of the infected nail.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each infected nail.
- Close the bottle tightlyimmediately after painting the infected nails.
- Allow time for the nails to dry (3 to 5 minutes).
- When you have finished treating all of your infected nails, clean the spatula and the neck of the bottle with an unused cleaning pad.
- Discard used cleaning pads and nail files. Stow spatula and nail lacquer for next treatment.
Subsequent applications of Chemists Own Amer-Fine nail lacquer:
File the infected areas of the nails using the nail file as required to remove any remaining lacquer, ensure that you do not over-file to avoid damage to the nails and surrounding area. Repeat steps 3-10.
Paint Chemists Own Amer-Fine once or twice weekly on the infected fingernails or toenails or as otherwise directed by your doctor, pharmacist or podiatrist.
If you forgot to paint on the Chemists Own Amer-Fine nail lacquer, use it as soon as you remember. Then go back to using it as you would normally.
If you are not sure what to do, ask your doctor, pharmacist or podiatrist.
INGREDIENT: Amorolfine 5% W/V, Ammonio Methacrylate Copolymer (Type A), Triacetin, Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Absolute Ethanol
Keep this medicine where children cannot reach it. A locked cupboard at least one-and-a-half metres above the ground is a good place to store medicines.
Keep this medicine in a cool dry place where the temperature stays below 30°C.
Do not store Chemists Own Amer-Fine or any other medicine in the bathroom or near a sink.
Do not leave it in the car or on window sills. Heat and dampness can destroy some medicines.
- 1 bottle of 5 mL nail lacquer
- 10 spatulas
- 60 cleaning pads
- 30 nail files
Weight: 144 g
Dimensions: 11 × 8 × 8 cm
Chemists Own Amer-Fine: AUST R 202677
- Do not use Chemists Own Amer-Fine if you are allergic to medicines containing amorolfine or any of the ingredients listed at the end of this leaflet.
- Do not use this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or intend to become pregnant or breastfeed. The safety of this medicine in pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been established.
- Do not use this medicine if the expiry date printed on the pack has passed.
- Do not use this medicine if the packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering.
- Do not use this medicine in children under 12 years of age. The safety and effectiveness of this medicine have not been established in children.
- Tell your doctor, pharmacist or podiatrist if you are allergic to any other medicines, foods, dyes or preservatives.
- If you have not told your doctor, pharmacist or podiatrist about any of the above, tell them before you start using Chemists Own Amer-Fine.
- Do not swallow Chemists Own Amer-Fine. This medicine is for external use only.