UROCIT K 10 MEQ K 100 Tablets Potassium Citrate Kidney Stone Treatment
Urocit-K tablets are not addictive.
Please consult your doctor before taking Urocit-K tablets.
Before you start to use it
Tell your doctor if:
- you have any allergies;
- you are pregnant or intend to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- you have had or now have any kidney disease;
- you have a peptic ulcer or any other stomach problems;
- you have an active urinary tract infection;
- you have excessive potassium in your blood;
- you suffer from a condition, which leaves excessive potassium in your blood such as kidney disease, uncontrolled diabetes, dehydration, or adrenal glands not working properly; or
- you are planning to start a strenuous physical exercise programme.
If you become pregnant whilst taking Urocit-K tablets, you should stop taking the tablets and see your doctor immediately. Young women taking Urocit-K tablets and who are at risk of becoming pregnant should make sure that they are using adequate contraception.
How to take Urocit-K tablets
Take Urocit-K tablets in conjunction with a diet that avoids foods with high salt content and avoids the use of table salt. Drink at least two litres of fluid every day.
How much to take
The dose required varies from person to person. The usual dose is 2 tablets twice a day.
Your doctor will tell you how much Urocit-K you should take. Doses of Urocit-K greater than 10 tablets/day (100 mEq/day) should be avoided.
DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN THE DOSE YOUR DOCTOR HAS RECOMMENDED.
Do not crush, chew, or suck the tablet.
Check with your doctor if there is trouble swallowing the tablets or if the tablet seems to stick in the throat.
When to take it
Take your tablets the same time each day with food. This will help you remember when to take the tablets.
How long to take it
You should not normally stop taking Urocit-K tablets unless your doctor tells you to.
If you feel unwell during your course of treatment, or notice black stools or bleeding, tell your doctor.
Each Urocit-K tablet contains 1.08 g of the active ingredient, potassium citrate.
Urocit-K tablets also contain the inactive ingredients, magnesium stearate, and carnauba wax.
Urocit-K tablets are available in plastic bottles containing 100 tablets.